Your body treats alcohol like a poison. It shuts down all your other metabolic pathways to focus on metabolizing the alcohol. Alcohol will shut down fat burning for 12 to 36 hours depending on the dose and the individual. That is why we like patients to only drink the day before and the day of […]
This is a great question. One I have thought about for a long time. I feel like I have a pretty good idea now and I am going to lay out the case right here. I am attacking the consumption of a common food. I think if you are going to do this you need to make a strong case scientifically. We need very clear epidemiological data, mechanistic/metabolic pathway data and experimental/clinical trial data. Okay so now for the context.
There is so much you cannot control and there are so many unknowns. I do not think enough people are talking about simple inexpensive things that can be done to boost immune systems and reduce risk.
There is no way for us to know. He wrote it is arrogance stemming from complete ignorance to think we know it is bad. Steve Jobs thought death might be the single greatest invention of life.
No, you probably have a life, and have not spent hours over the last few weeks learning about epidemiology. But I have watched all the shows that I ever wanted to watch and there are no sports on at all. So I read and think a lot about COVID-19. I try to keep an open mind, ask questions and learn from the available data as it comes out.
Framing is a glass half full/half empty concept that can have an effect on your emotions and what you focus on. Which oncologist would you rather have? The one that gives you a 20% chance of dying, or the one that gives you an 80% chance of living? This might seem a little bit ridiculous but patients do better/feel better under the second one.
The Value/Meaning sheet is a tool that helps control your state and focus by framing your day. The right perspective and point of view can turn a stressful situation into non stressful situation. Cortisol is the stress hormone and makes it hard to lose weight, have energy and be healthy.
I’m going to talk about working out with intentionality or a good mind muscle connection. This is a really important concept to learn, and it can take a long time to develop depending on the muscle (months to years). Basically, you want to feel the muscle you are using contract.
Hello, this is my first blog post, and I’m excited to create this resource for my patients or anyone else that finds it valuable. There is so much information and noise out there about fitness it’s hard for the average person to know where to start. My goal is to cut through all of that and make it very simple for you.